Friday, July 5, 2013

Counting My Blessings

Going through infertility has taken a toll on my mental health and, apparently, I'm not alone. Research shows that infertile women tend to experience levels of anxiety and depression similar to those of women with cancer or HIV.

So, taking some inspiration from Cupcakes and Cashmere's "Five Things", I've decided to count my blessings at least once a week to help lift my spirits.

This week, I feel blessed that...

The Mr. and I went to see two of The Hitchcock 9 (the 9 recently restored surviving silent films from director Alfred Hitchcock). This was a real treat because there was a live five-piece orchestra at both screenings and because I'm a HUGE Hitchcock fan.

Programs from The Hitchcock 9

We spent a perfect Fourth of July in Peekskill, NY with friends who truly know what we're going through (as they've been going through the same thing for years). We drank. We ate. We talked. And we watched a beautiful sunset and fireworks show.

Sunset in Peekskill (taken by the Mr.)

I've received a lot of love and support lately, but my mom staying on the phone with me after one particularly crazy day because she "heard it in my voice" meant a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment