Friday, September 6, 2013

Counting My Blessings

Some people see Labor Day as the unofficial last day of summer. I see it as the unofficial first day of fall. And the Mr. and I love fall...

Last year's owl pumpkin... Now, what we should do this year?

Some of our fondest memories took place in the fall. We shared our first "I love you" at the end of our first October together; got engaged a few years later in November; and got married the following October.

Last year's Thanksgiving pie was such a hit that I plan to make it again this year.

But there are other things we love about this beautiful season. For the Mr., fall means football all day on Sundays and his favorite holiday, Thanksgiving. For me, it means apple-picking, pumpkin-carving, pie-baking and watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown."

Fall is also when the new school year starts which, to me, always meant a new beginning, a fresh start... Here's hoping that our fertility treatments work and there's a new beginning this fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment